Over three days, its a non-stop mission to taste all there is to offer at 2015’s Outside Lands (August 7-9). Hey, with all the walking back and forth and back and forth, calories are a non-issue, right?
I’m headed in on Friday for a first bite, but after four previous jaunts, I pretty much know my way around the feedbags at this three day food, wine, art, beer, cheese and oh yeah, music festival. As always, the food is epic, with some of the Bay Area’s best chefs, caterers and food trucks bringing their A-game to this spork and napkin food fiesta. But in the last couple years, wine, beer and cheese are making a solid play for serious attention — with a number of Sonoma County entrants.
So after consulting the epic lists of food vendors, Wineland, Cheeseland, Baconland, Chocoland, Beerland and the GastroMagic Stage…
Here are my 10 Most Anticipated Food, Wine, Beer at Outside Lands
– Wise and Sons Deli: Bagels and Cream Cheese. I’m expecting wonders. Here’s why
– Precita Park Cafe: Navajo fry bread tacos
– Nojo: Japanese Tater Tots
– Sonoma Cider’s Bourbon Cider
– Crossbarn by Paul Hobbs: A second label for the Sonoma vintner. My wine biz friend says it’s a staple in her wine cellar.
– Nitro Coffee from Sightglass: Learn from my mistake…drink with caution cause nitro coffee packs a serious punch. But oh so good.
– Sababa: Cardamom coffee slushee. Yes.
– AQ: Wild mushroom waffles sound like a tasty second (third) breakfast.
– Creme Brulee at the Creme Brulee Cart. Cause it’s creme brulee.
– Azalina: Chicken Curry Nachos. So multicultural!
Needing Some Food Help? Got you covered if you’re…
– Freezing your butt off: Grab a hot chocolate in Chocolands, American Grilled tomato soup, or head to Namu for some RaBap Korean Soup
– Meatless: Proposition Chicken “fake chix”, Loving Cup Rice Pudding, Rosemund Sausage Vegan Dog
– Needing to escape your irritating friend: SOPO for Rocko’s Ice Cream Taco
– Getting the Munchies: Bacon Bacon, Beast and Hare Texas Baked Potato
– Needing to Detox: Living Greens Detox Tea, fresh watermelon from Little Skillet
– Laying a solid base: French butter and cheese plates at Cheeselands, Ramen Burger at Nombe,
– Hang with the Bros: Monk’s Kettle Sausages in pretzel buns