Got a slightly sagging pumpkin? Need to chuck your gourds? The “Don’t Chuck the Pumpkin” Project wants you!
CropMobster is hoping to get you to bring your leftover Halloween Jack-O-Lanterns to drop locations throughout the county to be used as compost, animal feed, or put into green waste containers. Throwing them into the garbage? Bad idea. Recycling them? Great idea.
Can’t make it to a drop? Keep in mind they can be put in your green waste container, too. Oh, and Please make sure your pumpkins are free of trash, candles or debris.
Here are the details…
Pumpkin Drop Locations
- 5800 blank road, Sebastopol, CA 95472 — starting 9am Monday 11/2 (Contact: Green Star Farm)
- Corner of Volkerts Rd and Westphall Road, Sebastopol, CA, 95472 –starting 9am Monday 11/2 (Contact: Green Star Farm)
- Corner of Burnside and Barnett Valley Road – 3241 Burnside Rd, Sebastopol, CA 95472 – Feel free to drop your pumpkins anytime near the sign outfront. Email flipflopfarmsoco[at]gmail.com (Flip Flop Farms)
- Farmgirl Fieldtrips (Home of Victorian Farmstead) Laura Parks, 707-332-4182 1220 Gravenstein Hwy North Sebastopol, Ca 95472 My pigs, goats and sheep love pumpkins and it would be a great help! I raise endangered farm breeds for school Fieldtrips and tours. Thank you!
- Noci Sonoma: Dry Creek rd. 2836 dry creek Road. We will setup an area in the front of the farm. We have a huge compost system and would be happy to take them. Email: Adjani[at]nocisonoma.com
Santa Rosa Area
- 3688 Primrose Ave Santa Rosa (Little Farm) Contact: jpeacockmeyer[at]gmail.com
- Saturday 11/7 at Santa Rosa Community Farmers Market 1351 Maple Ave (across the street from the County Fairground). Wednesday 11/4, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and Saturday 11/7, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Shelley O. will be there with a truck for hauling the pumpkins to the farm. Contact: vvtechleader[at]gmail.com for more info
- Tierra Vegetables 651 Airport Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95407 contact kendra[at]tierravegetables.com