By Tammy Rossitto
These cookies taste like a combination of gingerbread and chocolate. They are even better the next day.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Dark Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice Blend
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Cream softened butter in a bowl with dark brown sugar and white sugar until mixture is fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla to creamed mixture, beating until thoroughly blended.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda and Chinese 5 Spice blend and cocoa. Set aside.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating well.
6. Using cookie scoop, place scoops of dough approx 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 12 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes and then remove to cookie rack to cool.
Makes about 2 ½ dozen cookies.