Taco Bell: More bull than beef?

What's inside that big old burrito? A lawsuit says beef isn't the main ingredient

A lawsuit has been filed against Taco Bell stating that the fast food chain is using false advertising when it uses the term “ground beef” or “seasoned ground beef” to refer to its food.

In contention: The “taco meat filling” used by the restaurants only contain about 35% beef with binders, extenders, preservatives, additives and “other agents” making up the other 65%.

Frankly, we think any late night nibbler who has scarfed down a 20-pack could probably tell you that “beef” wasn’t the main reason for their border run. It’s the cheap thrill of using pocket change to pay for a meal.

What’s your take? Bull or beef…and are you really all that shocked and appalled?


2 thoughts on “Taco Bell: More bull than beef?

  1. I’m sooo glad Taco Bell (Pepsi co. ?) are taking this head-on… No finger in the chili for this company! Taco Bell is one of the few places where the food is ALWAYS what you remember, and are rarely disappointed when you do take that late night run for a snack. Hope they win in court!

  2. Watched one of their executives on Squawk Box this morning; all one has to do is go to their website, their ingredients are pretty transparent.

    According to Taco Bell they have an 88% ratio of USDA approved beef in their meals. Strange that someone would take out a lawsuit before bothering to ask the Co. about their products first.

    I am in total agreement with the late night run being quite satisfying!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *