OFFICIAL RULES FOR SKILL PROMOTIONS
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED
1. The Contest: “Win a spot at the Fair Food Scramble”. Six winners will receive a complimentary pass to the Sonoma County Fair for Friday, July 22 and admittance to the “fair food scramble team”. The Prize is subject to the following material conditions and restrictions: This prize is Non-transferable.
2. Must be available from 3-5p.m on Friday, July 22 to participate.
3. How to Enter/Eligibility NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5PM, on the final day of the contest. To be eligible to be included in the contest, each entrant must leave a comment about why they should be part of the team.
1. The promotion is open to any person who is (i) a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and (ii) over the age of 13 years old. 2. The winner must have a valid driver’s license or other identification and the ability to legally travel within the United States. In order to claim the prize, the winner must meet all eligibility requirements and may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of attempted notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. 3. This promotion is not open to (i) employees, consultants, contractors or service providers of The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com, or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, (ii) any person directly or indirectly involved with the organization of the promotion (including but not limited to any employee, consultant or contractor of any promotion, advertising or other marketing agency working for The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates) or (iii) the immediate family members of either of the above (i) or (ii). 4. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of the Prize is permitted, except that The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event the offered Prize is unavailable. All taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. There is no alternative for payment of the Prize in cash or otherwise. 5. Void where prohibited by law. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per person, per promotion, regardless of the number of promotions entered into with The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates. Non-winning entries from any drawing will not be carried over into subsequent prize drawings. 6. Entrants hereby grant to The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates the right to use and publish their name and state online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the promotion. . Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates to use winner’s name, photographs, audio and/or visual recordings and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by U.S. law. 7. The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications-line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. 8. The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the promotion if for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent permitted by law. 9. The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates cannot and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize. By entering, participants release and hold harmless The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates and its affiliates and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this promotion or any prize won. 10. Entrants are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of The Press Democrat, Pressdemocrat.com or its affiliates, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this promotion. This promotion is governed by the laws of the State of California and the courts in Santa Clara, California shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising from this promotion.
4. Winner selection process . One submission will be selected by blogger Heather Irwin Wednesday, July 20 at 5PM, 2015 based on the creativity of your comment on the Post: Win A Spot at the Fair Food Scramble 2016.
Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Winner will be chosen at the sole discretion of BiteClubEats.com blogger Heather Irwin. Decisions of judge(s) are final and binding.
Winners will be chosen by 5PM on the day of the contest. The decision of the judge(s) is final. The winner will be notified by email. Winners must acknowledge the notification by email no later than 5pm, July 21, 1206 or the prize will be forfeited. Company is not responsible for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify prizewinners or to acknowledge receipt of notification. Each winner will be required to execute a declaration of eligibility that winner has complied with all the rules (if a trip is a prize: that winner and any traveling companion release Sponsor(s) of all liability in connection with the prize trip and/or if the prize is goods or services, the winner(s) release(s) Sponsor(s) and all prize-supplier companies from all liability for damages or personal injury in connection with the winner’s use of the prize goods or services) and consent that the Sponsor(s) and anyone it/they may authorize may without compensation use winner’s name, photograph or other likeness, biographical information and statements concerning the sweepstakes or the Sponsor(s) for purposes of advertising and promotion. The declaration must be returned or an alternate winner will be selected. Odds of winning are determined by the total number of entries received. Taxes are the responsibility of winners. Company reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if Company determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures, including viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Company have impaired the integrity of the contest.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR SKILL PROMOTIONS