Ninebark opens in Napa, as of Oct. 13, 2015
NYC’s Matthew Lightner has taken over the former Fagiani’s Cocktail Lounge and The Thomas with Ninebark (813 Main St., Napa). There’s a lot of interest in seeing what the 2-Michelin-starred chef will do with the bounty of Wine Country. The “California-inspired, market-driven restaurant” will have an emphasis on “smoking, perfuming, and grilling with unique ingredients and processes,” said reps.
Opening menu items include:
- Grilled Avocado, kohlrabi, heirloom citrus dressing, crispy allium sprouts, and whole wheat crisp
- Horiatiki Salad with buddha’s hand, persimmons, peppers, seasonal selections of fresh fruit and produce, local feta cheese, citrus, and olive oil.
- Rock Cod Poke with slow-cooked kombu, brown butter dashi, onion marinade, house fish sauce, seaweeds, sea lettuces, and sesame seeds
- Dumplings of Chicken, Shrimp and Ricotta Cheese with gravy of roasted chicken and prawns, smoked bread, and parmesan
- Skewers of Trout from Mt. Lassen (California) lightly perfumed over cedar branch with eggplant, oyster mushroom, pine oils, and mushroom stock
- House Blackened Sturgeon Collar, slow smoked over hardwood, porridge of heirloom rice, salt baked daikon and sourdough, fish sauce, and lemon.
- Charcoal Roasted Duck with Valencia orange, garden sorrel, and tarragon sauce
- Poached and Grilled Halibut with escabeche, ragout of radishes, fresh and dried nasturtium, and broth of stewed vegetables
- Aged Ribeye with cornbread pudding, young onions and leeks in a roasted grain jus.
- Japanese-style cheesecake with persimmon, parmesan, and cream cheese ice cream
- Thousand Layers of Chocolate S’mores with vanilla marshmallows, smoked chocolate mousse, and burnt sugar
- Cocktails vary by location within the restaurant. First floor cocktails are twists on classics including: Pina Colada with smoked pineapple, white rum, and coconut; a Side Car with cognac, lemon, triple sec, and fig; and a Tennessee Cola with whiskey, house-made cola, and toasted grain. Third floor cocktails are unique creations from the bar’s cocktail magnate, Andrew Salazar, including the Old Ball Game which combines popcorn and peanut-infused rye whiskey, demerara, and leather bitters; the Panache Indochine mixing up IPA, gin, whole pressed lemon, ginger, and kaffir lime; and the Route 15 combining Mosto Verde Italia Pisco with lemon, cream, egg white, orange blossom, and honeycomb
NINEBARK is open for dinner Tuesday – Sunday, 6:00pm-10:00pm. The bar will be open Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 5:30pm-12:00am; Friday-Saturday 5:30pm-1:00am. Reservations are accepted either through OpenTable by calling 707-226-7821, or by contacting the restaurant directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the coming weeks, NINEBARK will open for both brunch and lunch.