Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Recipe
Submitted by Yayoy
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1 3/4 tablespoons matcha green tea
powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. Cream butter until smooth, then add the sugar until creamy. Sift in flour, gradually to mix.
2. Dust two sheets of wax paper lightly with powdered sugar. Roll out the dough between the two sheets until 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough with a deep cookie cutter.
3. Place cookies in an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 6 minutes, Then at 300 degrees F for 18 minutes until light brown at the bottom. Watch carefully.
5. Perfect with hot cocoa or coffee.
2 thoughts on “Matcha Shortbread Cookie Recipe”
Green tea and chocolate are great combinations of flavor. In fact, I had tried green tea Kit Kat from Japan and tons of chocolates with matcha to choose from.
If you want to add more flavor, drizzle a good chocolate ganache from your favorite recipe.
oishi! (delicious in japanese)