You know the drill by now…it’s the Fair Food Scramble Contest in which BiteClub takes six lucky winners (consider yourself a sort of Charlie Bucket, Veruca Salt, etc.) tothe Sonoma County Fair, scramble for all the delicious goodness that our midway can offer.
THIS YEAR’S EVENT TAKES PLACE WEDNESDAY, JULY 25 at 12:30 PM.
From Pasta King to turkey legs, corn dogs, barbecue and beyond, we’ll snatch up whatever goodies we can find, bring it all back to our special reserve tables and feast like the true epicures we really are. (See pix of last year’s scramble) You should see the looks of wanton jealousy we attract.
So how do you get to participate?
This year’s a little different. I’m looking to create an A-Team of Awesomeness…You need to fit at least one of these jobs…
– The Runners: At least two of you will be lighting quick and nimble on your feet. You’re gonna be tapped to be the speed on the team, because we need to cover as much ground as possible, as fast as possible. You will be expected to run, jump, leap and generally help The Scramblers with procurement. Age isn’t an issue if your Jazzy is fast. But plan to be worked hard.
– The Investigator: You’ve got a mind of steel and a stomach to match. You’re going to make sure we’ve hit all the hot spots. You’ve impressed me with your knowledge of the food vendors, what we should order and you’ll keep the checklist to make sure we’ve got eaten everything we’ve planned to eat.
– The Chef/Foodie: You are a hardcore lover of food, and you know your stuff. You’ll help guide the group into making some decisions about what is good, what is great, and what is flipping unbelievable!
– The Alternative Eater: We want someone who will check out the stuff the rest of us will refuse. You’re looking for gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and (gasp!) healthy options. But you’re also not going to be judging the rest of us for pigging out on meat, bacon and fried goodness. In fact, you ‘ll probably join us.
– The Lemonader: Sorry, but this is an alcohol-free Scramble. However, we always forget to check out the beverages and desserts. You’re on top of this aspect, Scrambling to find the best lemonade and ice cream.
Other members of the team (already chosen)
– The Vet: Mike from 2011 will serve as our trusty old-timer.
– The Queen: Yeah, that’s me.
Leave your thoughts below, and SIX winners will be selected on MONDAY, July 23 at 5PM) . You’ll get the details on our funtabulous food fest, but make sure you can be available around 12:30 to about 2PM on WEDNESDAY, JULY 25. (I’ll call your boss if you need me to. Cause dang it, this is really more important that whatever you’re doing at work.)
You also need to be fun and willing to share you food. Otherwise, we’ll make you sit alone. No whiners. No changies. No dramarama. Or again, we make you sit alone and make fun of you.
Make sure you leave a good email address when you post, cause I’ll be alerting folks around after 5pm Monday, and i’ll need to hear from you by 11am TUESDAY or we move on. Life moves fast, baby.
Good luck! (full rules)