The Casino Bar & Grill

Bodega Bay It’s not actually a casino, but a pool hall and tavern opened in 1939 by Nebo Casini, an entrepreneur who figured a twist on his family name would help attract attention for his fledging business. (It did offer a few slot machines until 1949, when Nebo sold the joint to his brother and sister-in-law, Art and Evelyn Casini.) Built as Goodman’s General Mercantile in 1874, next to the St. Teresa of Avila Church made famous by Alfred Hitchcock’s thriller, “The Birds,” the faded white wood building looks scruffy on the outside, dark and dingy on the inside, yet serves terrific locally sourced cuisine. Chefs and daily menus rotate during the week, look for superb, eclectic dishes such as a noodle bowl with pork-bone broth, fried egg, silken tofu and seaweed; diver scallops with wild rice, peppery puy lentils and fennel cream; and olive oil orange cake with whipped cream and grapefruit.

Rate and write a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Bodega Highway 17000
Bodega 94922 CA US
Get directions
Hours 9:00AM - 11:00PM